- EMPOWER YOUR UTILITY TO MEET ESCALATING DEMANDS –
RAISE SAFETY AND SERVICE WHILE LOWERING COSTS WITH MISSION CRITICAL MOTOROLA TEAM COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTIONS
A PERFECT STORM OF PRESSING CONCERNS
Utility companies are heading into a perfect storm. They must keep the power on and the water flowing while keeping their employees and the public safe. While demand is growing and the industry is changing, they are being pressed to cut costs without compromising safety. Add with the rise in cyber attacks and regular threats to network security, the potential for disruption is high. The reality is, utilities must be more responsive to customers, prepare for emergencies and disasters, comply with changing regulations and secure their assets. All while ensuring safety in the field, at facilities, and throughout the community.
Utility companies are feeling the heat of another set of challenges. Energy provisioning is being consumerized as customers embrace green technologies, from solar panels to electric cars. Beyond renewables, customers are so comfortable with the online experience, they can switch energy providers with a click. Environmental mandates to monitor greenhouse gas emissions mount. In less than five years, 20 percent of electric energy must be renewable for U.S. government agencies, the country’s largest consumer.4 Utilities that don’t comply pay serious fines. Then there’s the frequency and severity of droughts, heat waves, storms and natural disasters. That’s why mission critical communications from Motorola Solutions are imperative.
UTILITIES TRUST MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS TEAM COMMUNICATIONS TO TRANSFORM OPERATIONS
From the wastewater plant to the power line, at the office or the substation, Motorola communication solutions are helping utility companies work more efficiently, productively and safely in the most difficult conditions and demanding environments. Companies around the globe are transforming the way they operate and interoperate with the world’s leading mission critical communications platform, ASTRO 25, and expertly- integrated solutions, systems, applications, accessories and services. Connect different personnel, facilities and equipment together to help your operation run more efficiently and safely, control infrastructure, and reduce risks and costs.
1. 2014 Energy Market Review, Willis 2. “Cyber Attacks Up By 60 Percent At Water Utilities,” Water Online, December 10, 2013 3. Critical Infrastructure: Security Preparedness and Maturity, Ponemon Institute and Unisys, 2014 4. Presidential Memorandum – Federal Leadership on Energy Management, www.whitehouse.gov, 2013 5. “Facing the Heat,” Electricity Today, September/October 2014
- Utility Contractor Newsletter October 23, 2017
- Utility Contractor Newsletter October 30, 2017
- Utility Contractor Newsletter November 6, 2o17
- Utility Contractor Newsletter November 14, 2017
- Utility Contractor Newsletter November 20, 2017
- Utility Contractor Newsletter December 4, 2017
- Utility Contractor Newsletter December 11, 2017